Demand for Houses and the Basic needs
House is one of the 3 basic necessities like food, cloth and home of the life and is thus primary unit of human habitation. House grants protection against wind,wheather,rain,sun and wild animals. It grants protection against physical insecurity of all kinds. It is also considered as the first unit of the society.
All the countries of the world face shortage of housing. It is generally said that the housing problem is the result of industrial revolution. This face is true only to some extent. As a matter of fact, the poor class of society had not been allowed the benefits of good housing from ancient times. Development of slums awakened the public opinion and the concerned authorities started to accept the public option and the concerned authorities started to accept the responsibility of providing good housing to those who are economically weak and are unable to provide house for themselves. The houses should not only be safe, structurally but they must also to be so located and designed that they afford convenience,amenity,health and social life to the community. This aspect led to emergence of town planning. A house is the smallest unit from where town planning scheme depends on the effective provision of housing for its population.
Follow Our Website
Housing activity has two-pronged effect. It gives a house to somebody to live and serves as a source of income to the construction labor.
The demand for houses on depends on following factors
- Growth in population
- Increased urbanization
- Town planning and environmental conditions.
- Possibilities of natural minerals such as petroleum,coal or anyother in the near future.
- Availability of cheap finances
- Climatic condition also attracts or discard the housing priorities.
- Government’s policy to finance housing schemes on easy loans
- Rate of interest on Investment
- Availability of good tansport facilities,skilled labour,good materials of construction.
Above all are some basic demands for housing as a common factor.
Civil Engineering Ebooks Click Here